To be eligible for the MD by Prior Publication, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a research-active member of RCSI staff (at any of our campuses) or an RCSI Honorary appointment;
- Hold and have obtained the degrees of MB BAO BCh;
- Be eligible for full registration as a medical doctor with the Irish Medical Council;
- Have been actively engaged in medical, surgical, clinical or health sciences research for a period of at least five years within the last ten years at an organisation that has a recognised research function; and
- Have published and be a senior author (first or last author) on a minimum of three data-based original research papers in journals ranked Q1 or Q2 in their relevant fields in the ten years prior to the date of application for admission (note: work in preparation for publication will not be considered; the work must be already published or in press).