BSc in Advanced Therapeutic Technologies webinarDo you want to become a science innovator? And a pioneer in state-of-the-art medicine therapies and technologies? Join us online on Wednesday, 17 April at 5pm to learn more about RCSI’s new and exciting science degree.
The BSc Advanced Therapeutic Technologies is a broad, diverse and cutting-edge programme. This new science degree equips graduates with the technical knowledge and power skills to become future leaders in healthcare innovation and technology. The mix of knowledge that programme offers is a key differentiator. Students get a grounding in the basic sciences combined with cutting-edge technologies and professional power skills. The Year 3 industry placement will allow students to gain invaluable industry experience and also build their industry networks and contacts to help with their future careers.
The programme incorporates active learning techniques with a mix of team-based, individual-focused projects and a significant practical focus on laboratory skills and data analysis to ensure workplace readiness. Key areas covered in this programme include:
- Fundamental sciences: The science of how the body works – physiology, biochemistry, chemistry, and anatomy
- Genetics and genomics: The role of genes in disease, patterns of inheritance, genetics for diagnosis and drug selection
- Pharmacology: The science of drugs and how they work in the body
- Computational biology/data analytics: Statistical analysis and interpretation of big datasets generated from healthcare settings using programming languages
- Immunology: How the immune system works in health and disease
- Connected health: Wearable devices, artificial intelligence and machine learning in the context of health
- Pharmaceutics: The science of drug delivery
- Precision medicine: Therapeutic treatments which are tailored to the individual
- Professional power skills: Develop critical personal power skills in competencies
You can watch an online open event and hear directly from our students, while also finding out more about the course and the career opportunities available. Additionally, you can hear from three key industry experts about the Advanced Therapeutic Technologies programme below: