Consilio Manuque Medicine Scholarship
Consilio Manuque, meaning scholarship and dexterity, is RCSI’s motto.
The purpose of the Consilio Manuque Medicine scholarship is to foster academic excellence and is awarded to the student with the highest combined Irish Leaving Certificate and HPAT score, entering the RCSI Undergraduate Medicine programme.
Two Consilio Manuque Medicine scholarships supported by RCSI Alumni will be awarded in 2019:
- The 1784 Consilio Scholarship
- The Richard & Lucille Nora Scholarship
These scholarships are worth €25,000 in total, for each successful applicant, for the duration of the Undergraduate Medicine programme.
How to apply
Consilio Manuque applicants must:
- Be eligible for admission to RCSI’s Medicine programme through the CAO (course code: RC001).
- Submit a CAO application listing Medicine (RC001) as a course choice by 1 February 2019.
- Present HPAT in the same year as applying to the CAO.
- Have resided in Ireland for at least three of the last five years preceding admission.
- Present a minimum of six recognised subjects (2 x H5 and 4 x O6/H7) in the same sitting of the Irish Leaving Certificate examination to include Irish, English, Mathematics, a third language and a science subject from the following group: Physics, Chemistry, Physics/Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
- Have achieved the highest combined Irish Leaving Certificate and HPAT scores of all incoming students to the Medicine programme at RCSI.
- Complete and return the Consilio Manuque Medicine Scholarship Application Form – including a 300-word personal statement detailing their passion and commitment to study medicine – to the RCSI Admissions Office by the closing date, 1 July 2019.
Consilio Manuque Medicine Scholarship Academic Reference Form PDF | 168.5 KB Consilio Manuque Medicine Scholarship Application Form PDF | 314.2 KB