Clinical Bursary Awards
The RCSI Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery is committed to supporting the nursing and midwifery professions in the delivery of efficient, effective, quality, person-centred care.
Aligned to the objectives of the Faculty’s Strategic Plan (2019-2022), we are delighted to launch and award a suite of new clinical bursaries to enhance the capabilities and capacity of nurses and midwives, from graduate to advanced practice, in the delivery of universe health coverage (UHC) and population health.
The Faculty will award five clinical bursaries, each to the value of €5,000 to registered nurses and midwives, in the direct provision of health and social care, across all practice settings. These awards are open to all registered nurses and midwives in the Republic of Ireland.Clinical Bursary Awards Brochure PDF | 1352.2 KB
An overview of the Clinical Bursary Awards is available in the following video:
These awards aim to:
- Invest in and support nurse/midwife-led initiatives in healthcare delivery;
- Strengthen and optimise the contribution of nurses and midwives to the delivery of UHC and population health; and
- Support and enable nurses and midwives to maximise the full potential of their education, training and licence.
Clinical bursaries will be awarded in three distinct categories:
- Specialist and advanced practice
Applications are now closed and will reopen in due course.
Awardee(s) will be required to:
- Furnish the Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery with an annual progress report until project completion for Faculty oversight.
- Showcase their initiative(s) with the Faculty, particularly at the Faculty’s annual conference, annual report, Fellows, Members and Friends’ events and at other relevant fora.
- Acknowledge the Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery Clinical Bursary Award in all outputs (presentations, publications) relating to the award.