Data Science Centre
The Data Science Centre (DSC) seeks to improve human health and quality of life by applying a rigorous and innovative approach to the design, analysis and reporting of health research studies.
DSC staff have expertise in biostatistics, bioinformatics, epidemiology and data management. We collaborate with RCSI researchers, departments and faculties on high-impact substantive research projects and lead cutting-edge methodological research advancing knowledge in biostatistics and bioinformatics.
Support for researchers
DSC supports RCSI-affiliated researchers through either scheduled clinics or through a more substantial consulting appointment:
Scheduled clinics with a DSC staff member are run every three weeks at St Stephen’s Green, monthly at Beaumont ERC and quarterly at Connolly Hospital. These clinics consist of short, 20-25 minute appointments at which smaller research queries such as advice on using particular statistical software, specific quantitative or qualitative research methods, interpretation and presentation of results can be addressed.
More substantial queries such as new research study design and grant application preparation can be addressed at a longer consulting appointment, arranged according to availability by contacting the DSC.Make an appointment with the DSC
- Professor of Health Research Methods and Head of the DSC: Prof. Ronán Conroy
- HRB Research Leader and Associate Professor of Pharmacoepidemiology: Prof. Kathleen Bennett
- Lecturer in Biostatistics and Research Methods: Dr Fiona Boland
- Lecturers: Patrick Dicker, Dr Caitriona Cahir
- StAR Research Lecturer in Bioinformatics: Dr Stephen Madden