Ideally located in the heart of Dublin city centre, around the corner from the city's main shopping district on Grafton Street, at RCSI everything is close at hand.
Your local shopping centre – St Stephen's Green Shopping Centre – is next door and houses an array of shops and services, from pharmacies and book stores to hairdressers and doughnut shops.
Dunnes Stores, which occupies three floors of the centre, has everything you could possibly need; from a mop or pair of socks to a pint of milk or a packet of crisps.
If you would like to venture further afield for some retail therapy, Dundrum Town Centre, boasts more than 100 stores, 40 restaurants and cafés, 12 cinema screens, a bar, two nightclubs and a theatre. Hop on the Luas (Green line) at St Stephen's Green (directly opposite the College) towards Sandyford or Brides Glen and get off at the Balally stop to explore all that Dundrum has to offer.
Dublin also has a great selection of outdoor and indoor markets for you to explore – particularly at weekends - selling everything from organic produce and fresh fish to second-hand books, crafts and jewellery.
- Temple Bar Food Market (every Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holiday Mondays 10am - 5pm), is a foodie’s paradise in the heart of the city centre offering a wide range of hot and cold food to eat on the go or take home for later.
- Liberty Market is one of Dublin's oldest and most unique markets, based in one of Dublin's most historic neighbourhoods. Find an array of treasures and a bargain or two.
- Avid readers will enjoy getting lost in the Temple Bar Book Market, exploring rows upon rows of second-hand and rare books. The market is open every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-6pm.
- Jump on the DART and spend a Saturday exploring Howth Market. Hosting an array of artisan foods, organic produce, freshly baked goods and more, Howth is also the perfect location to enjoy fresh fish and chips on the seashore.
- If you have a creative side, George's Street Arcade, an indoor market five minutes' walk from RCSI, will appeal to your sensibilities and offers a mix of independent shops, cafés, restaurants and galleries.
- Asia Market is one of the largest importer, retailer, wholesaler and distributor of Asian food products in Ireland. They stock all different kinds of commodities, from throughout Asia; including South Korea, Japan, mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam.