About the programme
Through active student engagement, RCSI nurtures, promotes and implements a culture of partnership and inclusivity, where the expertise and perspectives of students and staff are equally valued and, by working together, we are driving positive change across the RCSI community for the benefit of human health.
Included in the RCSI StEP framework are the guiding principles that RCSI considers to be best 'PRACTICE' for student engagement and partnership:
- Professional: A partnership built on mutual respect, individual responsibility and appropriate accountability.
- Reciprocal: Both students and staff work with each other and benefit from each other’s expertise and perspectives.
- Authentic: Equal recognition of the value and expertise that students and staff bring.
- Community: A sense of belonging between partners and the wider RCSI community.
- Trust: Open and honest dialogue with all discussions treated with fairness and respect.
- Inclusive: All perspectives, talents and experiences are welcomed and embraced.
- Collaborative: Students and staff benefit and grow from one another's experience.
- Empowering: Partnerships in which power is shared appropriately to effect positive change.
The Student Engagement and Partnership Agreement defines how students and staff can work in partnership to shape and develop our education, research and community engagement programmes.
The StEP programme is underpinned by the RCSI Strategic Plan, which outlines RCSI’s ongoing commitment to student engagement and highlights priority partnership areas.