One of the most important tasks facing prospective RCSI students is the search for suitable accommodation. Luckily, RCSI offers a number of services to assist students with finding the perfect home away from home.
At RCSI we welcome students from every corner of the world, and aim to create a ‘home from home’ for all our residents. We know that every student is different, so we have plenty of choice when it comes to deciding which room is right for you.
Mercer Court, which encompasses Millin House Student Residence, and Mercer Court Apartments, is a popular student residence. With an excellent location in the heart of Dublin, it is ideally located within two minutes walk of the main College and the RCSI Library, ensuring you can walk to and from lectures.
The location also means you are surrounded by city centre shops, cafés and restaurants, so everything is literally on your doorstep.Mercer Court accommodation video
Mercer Accommodation has a dedicated accommodation manager who manages the complex and is on duty during normal office hours. There is 24/7 security to ensure the safety and comfort of the residents. This provides a level of comfort to both the students and parent alike.
Other facilities include wired and wireless internet access, fully-equipped kitchens, en-suite bathrooms, laundry facilities, flat-screen TVs in all lounge and communal areas and a games/recreation room.
There are two accommodation options available in Mercer Court: Millin House and Mercer Apartments.
- Millin House: Millin House consists of 23 single and five twin (two students sharing) rooms. All rooms are en-suite. The accommodation is over five floors and each floor has a small kitchen area, which the residents share to prepare tea/coffee or a light snack. Millin House also has a large communal kitchen/dining room where students gather for their more substantial cooking and dining. The facility also has a comfortable TV and games lounges where students can relax and socialise with other residents.
- Mercer Apartments: Mercer Apartments comprises 19 self-catering apartments. There are 68 single and four twin bedrooms, all of which are en-suite. Each apartment unit accommodates four students who share a communal kitchen/living room.
2018/19 accommodation costs
|Mercer Apartments rate||Single||Twin|
|Light and heat (charge)||€775||€775|
|Total payment due||€10,615||€6,820|
|Millin House rate||Single||Twin|
|Light and heat (charge)||€775||€775|
|Total payment due||€10,980||€7,705|
For further information, please contact the RCSI Accommodation Manager, Ivan Carty.
RCSI New Mill student accommodation in Dublin 8, is a combination of en-suite single rooms in a shared apartment, and self-contained en-suite studio rooms, only 15 minutes’ walk from our St Stephen’s Green campus.
Moving away from home for the first time can be daunting for both students and parents. Our campus accommodation is secure and safe, and our well-equipped student residences make the transition to living away from home as comfortable as possible.
The rooms in New Mill are a combination of en-suite single rooms in a shared apartment (includes a double bed, study space with smart storage and a large shared kitchen and lounge area) and self-contained en-suite studio rooms (includes a double bed, kitchen area, TV and study space with smart storage); so whether you want to live with other students in a shared apartment or prefer your own space in a studio flat, both options are catered for.
All rooms are modern and stylish. The RCSI block includes common areas, study areas, on-site laundry, cinema room and music room, and landscaped outdoor areas including a garden area exclusively for RCSI students.
The blocks have security, 24-hour CCTV, pastoral care staff and a secure bike and parcel storage.
The rooms are available to rent directly from RCSI for 40 weeks, commencing in September 2018. Prices start at €258.90 per week, which includes all utilities, electricity, gas, water, Wi-Fi
- The Premium Ensuite: The Premium Ensuite is a modern and spacious room with plenty of integrated storage and a study area. Each room is fully-furnished to include a small double bed and mattress, wardrobe, shelving, study desk with integrated magnetic whiteboard and chair, USB ports and adjustable lighting by the bed, coat hook, mirror and additional built-in storage under each bed. Each room is en-suite and includes (WC, shower, sink, demister mirror, accessories). Premium rooms are located in cluster size apartments with some rooms offering courtyard views and kitchen balcony. All rooms have floor to ceiling glazing providing lots of natural daylight.
- The Premium Plus Ensuite: The Premium Plus Ensuite room is fully-furnished to include all the modern features of the Premium Ensuite room. There are a limited number of these rooms available and they come in either a larger size or in a smaller cluster size apartment on the upper floors with spectacular views of the Dublin skyline.
- The Deluxe Ensuite: The Deluxe Ensuite room is fully-furnished to include all the modern features of the Premium Plus Ensuite room. There are a limited number of these rooms available and they come in either a larger size or in a smaller cluster size apartment on the upper floors with spectacular views of the Dublin skyline. A select number of Deluxe Ensuites offer students enhanced features including (rain head shower, demister bathroom mirror and access to private rear gardens). All rooms are spacious, well-lit with floor to ceiling glazing providing lots of natural daylight.
- The Classic Studio: The Classic Studio offers students plenty of space. Each studio comes equipped with a fully-furnished room, ensuite, kitchen and dining area. A spacious room with floor to ceiling glazing providing lots of natural daylight.
- The Premium Studio: Our Premium Studios are even larger and are located on the upper floors or in premium blocks C and D. These studios come with rain head showers, double wardrobe and access to private gardens. The premium studio is designed to provide a separated sleeping and study area to give the feel of a one bedroom apartment. A spacious area with floor to ceiling glazing providing lots of natural daylight.
- The Deluxe Studio: The Deluxe Studio is the best we have, offering a luxurious and spacious living experience. It also comes equipped with rain head showers, double wardrobe and access to private gardens as well as courtyard views. Each deluxe studio offers a separated sleeping and living area to give the feel of a large one bedroom apartment. The best studios in the residence, these rooms have floor to ceiling glazing providing lots of natural daylight.
|Accommodation type||Fee||Security deposit||Total payment due|
|Premium Plus Ensuite||€10,770||€300||€11,070|
We are also pleased to recommend the Aungier Street Student Accommodation.Contact Mary Deane on +353 87681 6064, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. RCSI students have been residing here for over 10 years.
The accommodation message board provides a host of listings for private rented accommodation – from one-bed apartments to host family accommodation. New incoming students will be provided with a link to access this accommodation notice board. This link will be contained in their offer letter/correspondence.
Please contact Student Services if you have any queries or if you are interested in advertising on the accommodation message board.
We recommend the following student accommodation options off-campus.
- Broadstone Student Residence
- Chubb Properties
- Ziggurat Student Living/Residences
- Griffith College Student Accommodation
- National College of Ireland (NCI)
The properties listed on the Moodle noticeboard, including the owners/advertisers of same, are not inspected or vetted by RCSI. The accommodation message board is aimed at putting students in contact with individuals/bodies offering accommodation. As the College does not inspect/vet these properties or their owners/advertisers, and in the absence of any legal or binding agreement between said owners/advertisers and RCSI, the College can not be held liable for any accommodation, contacts, contracts, introductions and/or arrangements arising from the use of this noticeboard.
Student Services is available to provide advice and guidance with regards to private rentals.
Rented accommodation generally falls into four main categories:
- Flats or apartments: The most popular; typically with one or two bedrooms.
- Houses: Probably the most economical, the house-share or rented house will usually entitle you to your own bedroom within a furnished house with mod cons and shared bills.
- Bedsitting rooms: in a bedsitting arrangement, you will have your own room with cooking facilities, but the bathroom and shower are shared with other residents in the house.
- Host accommodation: living with a family in their home.
Generally, rent in Dublin is paid monthly. An increasing number of landlords now require year-long leases, with a security deposit equivalent to one month's rent payable upon signing a lease. When renting accommodation, we strongly advise that you check the standard of the property on offer and the conditions relating to occupancy. It is also important that you receive a written lease and a rent book to record rental payments. Never pay money up-front before viewing and inspecting the property.
For further information about tenants rights and responsibilities, please visit the Threshold website.
For short-term accommodation, we recommend Premier Suites. Fully-serviced and furnished self-catering apartments, conveniently located within walking distance of RCSI. Premier Suites offers discounted rates of up to 10% for guests of RCSI. To avail of this discount simply use the promo code ‘RCSI’ when booking on a Premier Suites Dublin website, Leeson Street, Ballsbridge or Sandyford.
How to find accommodation
The Student Services Office can not book accommodation for students, but we are available to give advice and assist in any way we can. We are always happy to advise students on suitable locations in Dublin, so please do not hesitate to contact us.
Letting agencies are also a useful source, some of which are listed below:
For Host Family accommodation, check out Homestay.com or the accommodation message board. Homestay Ireland is located on 7 St Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland and can also be contacted by phone: +353 1 675 3010.
Newspapers are useful for finding lists of accommodation once you have arrived in Ireland. The Evening Herald features properties to rent and accommodation sharing on a daily basis.