Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship
The Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship was established in memory of Kiran Pathak MPSI, and his family, who tragically lost their lives in a boating accident in Kenya in 2001.
The scholarship provides educational opportunities for students with a desire to study Pharmacy at RCSI.
The Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship is offered to students who are Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) eligible, in addition to the normal supports provided through the Government Free Fees Initiative and SUSI Grant.
The objective of the scholarship is to lessen the financial burden of attending the University and therefore allow the student to fully focus on their academic coursework.
Funding levels for the Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship in 2021 will be confirmed in due course.
How to apply
Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship applicants must:
- Be eligible for admission to RCSI’s Pharmacy programme through the CAO (course code: RC005).
- Be eligible and apply for HEAR, and indicate in their CAO application that they wish to apply via the HEAR scheme.
- Submit a CAO application listing Pharmacy (RC005) as a course choice.
- Have resided in Ireland for at least three of the last five years preceding admission.
- Present a minimum of six recognised subjects to include Irish, English, Mathematics, another language and Chemistry (H5) and achieve minimum subject grades 2 x H5 and 4 x O6/H7 in the same sitting of the Irish Leaving Certificate.
- Complete and return the online Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Application Form by the closing date, 1 July 2021.
- Arrange for a confidential academic referee to complete the online Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Academic Reference Form by the closing date, 1 July 2021.
Application form Reference form