Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship
The Kiran Pathak Scholarship was established in memory of Kiran Pathak MPSI, and his family, who tragically lost their lives in a boating accident in Kenya in 2001.
The scholarship provides educational opportunities for students with a desire to study Pharmacy at RCSI.
The Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship is offered to students who are Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) eligible. In addition to the normal supports provided through the Government Free Fees Initiative and SUSI Grant, this scholarship offers an additional financial support of €3,500 per annum (for students who continue to live at home during their studies) and a possible €7,000 per annum accommodation allowance (for students who require accommodation to undertake their studies at RCSI).
The objective of the scholarship is to lessen the financial burden of attending College and therefore allow the student to fully focus on their academic coursework.
How to apply
Kiran Pathak Pharmacy applicants must:
- Be eligible for admission to RCSI’s Pharmacy programme through the CAO (course code: RC005).
- Be eligible and apply for HEAR, and indicate in their CAO application that they wish to apply via the HEAR scheme.
- Submit a CAO application listing Pharmacy (RC005) as a course choice.
- Have resided in Ireland for at least three of the last five years preceding admission.
- Present a minimum of six recognised subjects to include Irish, English, Mathematics, another language and Chemistry (H5) and achieve minimum subject grades 2 x H5 and 4 x O6/H7 in the same sitting of the Irish Leaving Certificate.
- Complete and return the Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Application Form to the RCSI Admissions Office by the closing date, 1 July 2020.
- Arrange for a confidential academic referee to complete and submit the Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Academic Reference Form to the RCSI Admissions Office by the closing date, 1 July 2020.
Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Application Form 2020 PDF | 842.3 KB Kiran Pathak Pharmacy Scholarship Reference Form 2020 PDF | 758.9 KB