For information on your Health and Safety during the COVID-19 pandemic, please click here.
The crime rate in Bahrain is low and violent crime is rare. However, like any other place in the world you need to follow general Health and Safety guidelines:
- Always follow the safety advice you receive from your embassy.
- Always follow local authority and police instructions or announcements for travelling around the island.
- Go exploring in groups rather than alone. If you do go out alone, advise a friend of your whereabouts and what time you are expected back.
- Do not keep large amounts of money or valuables at home.
- NEVER drink and drive – Bahrain has ZERO tolerance to alcohol and drugs of any kind and penalties are very severe.
- According to Bahraini law, you must always keep a form of photo Id on you at all times.
- If you are worried about your personal safety or that of a friend, you should immediately inform University Security or relevant staff members.