Visiting Student Electives
The following types of electives are offered at RCSI Bahrain:
- Clinical Electives: A limited number of visiting students are accepted throughout the year and preference is given to those registered at medical schools with a formal or informal agreement with the RCSI Bahrain. If you are uncertain if your school has an agreement with RCSI Bahrain, check with a school official before submitting your application.
- Research Elective: Research experiences are offered on a space available basis to medical students who submit appropriate application materials.
There is an administrative fee of US$200. Once we have received the dates you wish to do the Elective and if we are in a position to facilitate you, we will then require you to send a US Bank Draft to the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Medical University of Bahrain.
The application form may be downloaded and forwarded to the Head of School of Medicine by registered post to the address mentioned below.
The Application Form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- One passport sized photo
- Curriculum vitae
- Reference and letter of good standing from the Dean of the Medical School / official transcript of examination results
- Immunisation records (hepatitis B, tuberculosis, mumps, measles, rubella) / RCSI Bahrain code of conduct
- Personal health insurance with international coverage