To optimise your academic performance, it is useful to identify specific areas where the potential for personal academic growth is greatest and associated opportunities to enhance your knowledge, skills and achievements.
Academic challenges are intrinsic to the learning journey – addressing these challenges effectively is an essential aspect of consolidating problem-solving skills and confidence crucial to future success.
Our academic development officer will work with you to identify specific challenges and provide practical strategies that will contribute to your development as a skilled, life-long learner, adept in utilising sophisticated, technology-based learning environments.
As an advocate for all students, we seek to encourage your sustained progress, growth and success by helping you to clarify key academic challenges early and improve your individual strengths.
Through one-to-one training and consultancy, participation in small and large group skills workshops and the deployment of extensive learning resources, our academic performance team will equip you to accomplish key objectives, such as:
- Transitioning successfully to third level and, later, into clinical practice.
- Implementing self-directed learning strategies.
- Availing of multiple resources based on the latest educational pedagogies and best practice.
- Expanding digital skills to maximise learning opportunities.
- Engaging within peer-to-peer academic, clinical and medical licence exam tutoring programmes.
- Enhancing leadership, professional development and mentoring skills through student-learning communities.