The global reach of the RCSI learning experience, the diversity of our community of educators and students, as well as the University’s core commitment to inclusivity and active community engagement, provide students with a unique range of opportunities to explore their full potential as future healthcare graduates and professionals.
The career development team is focused on assisting you in identifying, mapping and actioning pathways that will shape your future career.
Our team of appropriately skilled, experienced and knowledgeable practitioners will help you identify your goals and acquire the knowledge and capabilities to respond effectively to the opportunities available to you in an ever-evolving global healthcare sector.
New industries, new occupations, new education methods and new skills requirements require a flexible and strategic approach to career planning from your first day at RCSI.
Through one-to-one appointments, small and large group briefings and workshops, the career development service seeks to facilitate you to:
- Own the development of your personalised career plan based on your desired career goals.
- Engage in your career development through a number of channels – including projects, courses and events that will help you formulate and implement well-informed choices about your future.
- Seek and obtain relevant high-quality international career information reflective of your preferred pathway.
- Leverage the generosity of RCSI alumni globally, who are willing to share local knowledge with Senior Cycle students.
- Adopt a cross-sectional and lifelong approach to career development at an international level.