This course will explore the presentation, management and surgical approaches to the management of head and neck neoplasms. Diagnosis and management options, such as radiation and chemotherapy, will be discussed in depth in case-based discussions.
This course will explore the presentation and management of cancers of the head and neck, with particular emphasis on changes in operative methods in the COVID-19 era. This course will concentrate on the removal of tumours in the neck region and reconstruction of the defect by practicing on animal models in our wet lab facility.
This course is suitable for SHOs and registrars in ENT and plastic surgery.
Lead facilitator: Mr Neville Shine
- Knowledge of the presenting complaints of head and neck cancer patients.
- Understanding of appropriate diagnostic tests for head and neck tumour patients.
- Knowledge of MDT approach to management of head and neck cases.
- Better practical knowledge of the decision-making and management of both ablation and reconstruction of head and neck tumours.
- Better insight into the guidelines for airway management, such as tracheostomy insertion in COVID-19 patients.