Aim High Medicine Scholarship
The Aim High Medicine Scholarship was established in 2012 by RCSI Alumni to provide scholarships for Irish Leaving Certificate students who excel academically and are passionate about developing a lifelong career in medicine.
The scholarship is offered to students who are Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) eligible. In addition to the normal supports provided through the Government Free Fees Initiative and SUSI Grant, this scholarship offers additional financial support of €25,000 in total, for the duration of the Undergraduate Medicine programme.
The objective of the scholarship is to lessen the financial burden of attending the University and therefore allow the student to fully focus on their academic coursework.
How to apply
Aim High applicants must:
- Be eligible for admission to RCSI's Medicine programme through the CAO (course code: RC001).
- Be eligible and apply for HEAR, and indicate in their CAO application that they wish to apply via the HEAR scheme.
- Submit a CAO application listing Medicine (RC001) as a course choice.
- Present HPAT in the same year as applying to the CAO.
- Have resided in Ireland for at least three of the last five years preceding admission.
- Present a minimum of six recognised subjects (2 x H5 and 4 x O6/H7) in the same sitting of the Irish Leaving Certificate examination to include Irish (unless exempt), English, Mathematics, a third language and a science subject from the following group: Physics, Chemistry, Physics/Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science.
- Achieve a minimum of 480 points and meet the minimum subject grade requirements for five or six-year entry to the Medicine programme in the same sitting of the Irish Leaving Certificate.
- Complete the online Aim High Medicine Scholarship Application Form by the closing date, 1 July 2021.
- Arrange for a confidential academic referee to complete the Aim High Medicine Scholarship Confidential Academic Reference Form by the closing date, 1 July 2021.
Application form Reference form