Affiliate Membership of RCSI is a new membership category available from March 2021.
Affiliate Membership offers access to RCSI Membership communication channels, including e-newsletters and print publications, along with global networking opportunities.
Pathway to Affiliate Membership
Affiliate Membership may be of interest to:
- Medical students with an interest in pursuing a career in surgery.
- Surgical trainees prior to successful completion of MRCS exams.
Benefits of Affiliate Membership
Affiliate Members of RCSI receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- The biannual Surgeons Scope magazine – the exclusive magazine for RCSI Fellows and Members.
- The bimonthly The Surgeon – a scientific journal published in partnership with RCS Edinburgh.
- A dedicated Affiliate Membership newsletter published twice a year.
- An RCSI Welcome Pack, including a welcome letter and RCSI branded pin.
- 20% discount on all Cambridge University Press titles.
If you would like to enquire about receiving any of the benefits listed above, please email the Fellows and Members team.
Affiliate Membership of RCSI may be achieved by application to the Fellows and Members Office. For further details on eligibility and how to apply, contact the Fellows and Members Office.Pay your subscription
The Fellows and Members Office aims to launch Associate Membership as an additional category in 2023.
Associate Membership may be of particular interest for:
- Members of the surgical care team who are not surgeons, but are interested in keeping abreast of surgical news, events and research.
- Surgeons who do not wish to be affiliated with RCSI through Fellowship or Membership, but wish to maintain a relationship with the College and receive surgically relevant communications.
If you are interested in becoming an Associate Member of RCSI, contact us to register your interest.