Publications and guidelines
We continue to work with individual and institutional partners, and other interested parties, to develop publications and national guidelines on patient pathways, use of patients’ information and workforce planning.
The development of standards and guidance is one of the key functions of RCSI to support good practice in surgery and service provision.
The following is a list of publications and guidelines issued by RCSI to support surgeons and the wider surgical team in their everyday practice.
*Please note that the public consultation process is open from 1 July until 30 July. All responses must be submitted via the feedback form to email@example.com.
- A Strategy to Improve Safety, Quality, Access and Value in Emergency Medicine in Ireland
- Minimum Standards for Acute Surgical Assessment Units (ASAU) In Ireland
- Model of Care for Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery
- Model of Care for Elective Surgery Including Implementation Guide
- Model of Care of Trauma for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Model of Care for Acute Surgery
- Urology – A Model of Care for Ireland
- Policy Procedure for Safe Surgery
- Surgical Affairs Strategy 2016-2020
- Gender Equality Report of the Gender Diversity Short Life Working Group
- Code of Practice for Surgeons RCSI 2018
- Guidelines for Approval of Educational Events
- Educational Events incorporating 'live' Surgery
- Professional Competence Scheme Appeal Regulations
- General Data Protection Regulations for Surgeons
- Maintaining Professional Competence
- Reference Guide for Specialty Training in Ireland
- Report of the Short Life Working Group on Breast and General Surgery
- RCSI Report – Best Practice in Adrenal Surgery
- RCSI Report – Best Practice in Cosmetic Surgery
- Towards Improved Collaboration And Coordination Of Surgical Research In Ireland – Report of the RCSI Short Life Working Group 2018
- Report on PROGRESS in Promoting Gender Equality in Surgery 2017-19