Our Members are committed to their surgical training and the advancement of their skill and profession. The MRCSI post-nominals are an acknowledgement of their contribution to the surgical profession, its standards and practice, and we are deeply committed to supporting our Members professionally at every stage their career.
There are currently two pathways to Membership of RCSI (MRCSI):
|Membership by Examination||Membership Transfer|
Membership of RCSI is most commonly achieved upon successful completion of the MRCSI exam.
Membership of RCSI may also be achieved by transfer from another Royal College. This pathway is most commonly used for those who may have achieved MRCS with another Royal College, but who are now practising in Ireland and wish to affiliate with RCSI to strengthen their ties with the Irish surgical community. Details on eligibility and how to apply are available in the FAQ section.
Benefits of MRCSI
Fellows of RCSI receive a wide range of benefits, including:
- Subscriptions to RCSI publications, including the biannual Surgeons Scope magazine; the bimonthly Surgeon Journal, and the monthly eNewsletter Surgical Bulletin.
- An RCSI welcome pack and invitation to attend your preferred RCSI Conferring Ceremony
- Invitations and discounted attendance rates to RCSI events
- Preferred access to College facilities for professional and social events
- Access to the onsite libraries at 26 York Street, RCSI Dublin, and RCSI Bahrain
- 20% discount on all Cambridge University Press titles
- Dedicated travel management services by RCSI Travel
- Discounted onsite parking at RCSI Dublin
- The opportunity to influence the governance of RCSI by proposing candidates for election to Council of RCSI, and voting in said election
- Verification of your MRCSI award
- An annual discount (€150) on your PCS fee, when paid in conjunction with your annual subscription (Ireland only)
If you would like to enquire about receiving any of the benefits listed above, please email the Fellows and Members team.Pay your subscription