How to apply
All applicants for the ASTEM programme at RCSI must:
- Submit evidence to prove eligibility and commencement of registration on either the general or the trainee division of the Irish Medical Council at the time of application.
- Hold the Membership of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (MRCEM/Primary and Intermediate FRCEM) diploma by the application close date.
- Be able to communicate clearly with patients and colleagues – details of which are outlined in the HSE's English language requirements document below.
- Familiarise themselves with the Guidance on Allocation of Training Places to EM document and ASTEM Score Guide, below.
Please be advised applications are now closed for the ASTEM 2022 intake. Applications for 2023 intake will open in October 2022.
Entrants to ASTEM are recruited by one of two routes:
- Assessment of Suitability for Advanced Training (ASAT) for CSTEM year three trainees; and
- Competitive multi-station interview for CSTEM second chance and non-CSTEM applicants.