How to apply
All applicants for the ASTEM programme at RCSI must:
- Submit evidence to prove eligibility and commencement of registration on the trainee division of the Irish Medical Council at the time of application.
- Hold the Membership of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (MRCEM/Intermediate FRCEM) diploma by the application closing date.
- Be able to communicate clearly with patients and colleagues – details of which are outlined in the HSE's English language requirements.
- Familiarise themselves with the allocation of places 2021 document and the ASTEM Marking Scheme.
Applications have now closed for EM Specialist Training 2021 intakes.
Entrants to ASTEM are recruited by one of two routes:
- Assessment of Suitability for Advanced Training (ASAT) for CSTEM year three trainees; and
- Competitive multi-station interview for CSTEM second chance and non-CSTEM applicants.