How to apply
All applicants for the ASTEM programme at RCSI must:
- Submit evidence to prove eligibility and commencement of registration on the trainee division of the Irish Medical Council at the time of application.
- Hold the Membership of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine (MRCEM/Intermediate FRCEM) diploma by the application closing date.
- Be able to communicate clearly with patients and colleagues – details of which are outlined in the HSE's English language requirements.
- Familiarise themselves with the allocation of places 2020 document and the ASTEM Marking Scheme.
Applications for EM Specialist Training (ST4-ST7) commencing in July 2020 are now closed. Applications for 2021 will open in October 2020.
Entrants to ASTEM are recruited by one of two routes:
- Assessment of Suitability for Advanced Training (ASAT) for CSTEM year three trainees; and
- Competitive multi-station interview for CSTEM second chance and non-CSTEM applicants.