Dr Amal Al QallafQuality Officer, Quality Enhancement Office
Previously Lecturer and Coordinator in Languages & Culture Unit (5 Years), RCSI Bahrain
Area of Expertise
Academic Leadership, Internationalization and Globalization, Policies and Procedures, Quality Management, Organizational Culture, Multicultural and Cross-cultural, English Language, and Special Educational Needs.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PhD) in Leadership & Management, the British University in Dubai (2012- 2016); Academic Leadership for Teaching and Research Development in Higher Education: A Bahraini Case Study.
- Master of Arts (MA) in Special Educational Needs, Manchester Metropolitan University (2003-2005). Integrating Children with special educational needs in Bahraini mainstream schools.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English Literature & Education, University of Bahrain (1992-1997). Teaching English as a second language.
Current areas of activity
- Supporting the activities of the Quality Enhancement Office, including the development of strategy, processes, policies and procedures;
- Establishing effective working relationships and feedback mechanisms with key stakeholders, internally and externally;
- Implementation of the RCSI Bahrain Quality Enhancement strategy and related policies;
- Assisting with QA/QI data collection and conducting data analysis activities;
- Preparing for the Quality Enhancement Office’s publications and reports;
- Co-ordinating the activities of the Quality Office to ensure an excellent and efficient service is provided to all stakeholders;
- Managing the Quality Enhancement Office’s website as platform to ensure that it is up to date and accurate;
- Ensuring that all RCSI Bahrain policies and procedures are adhered to;
- Supporting the RCSI Bahrain’s contribution to external accreditation of programmes, and to programme validation processes
- Networking with quality external agencies concerning educational quality in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries as an external reviewer in Oman Academic Accreditation Authority (OAAA).
- Organizing the overall centralized document of all academic and administrative committees, groups, boards, and teams in order to develop the quality culture and processes at RCSI Bahrain.
- Support at the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes levels as guest lecturer.
- Member of RCSI Bahrain Quality Enhancement Committee, Quality Committee, Strategic Implementation Group, Operational Management Group, and Coffee and PhD Group.
- Collaboration with internal and external colleagues in educational research.
- Supporting RCSI Bahrain academic staff through monitoring, reviewing and implementing the quality actions, plans and systems.
- Supporting operational departments’ staff for internal quality review.