Dr Wendy MaddisonHead of Student Development & Wellbeing
Area of expertise
Transnational higher education; student experience; provision of student support in different cultural contexts; personal and professional development strategies; student wellbeing; development of extra-curricular and informal learning opportunities.
- EdD Higher Education, Transnational Education. University of Liverpool
- MA Psychology & Social Sciences, Open University
- BSc Management
- Diploma Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, School of Natural Health Sciences, London
- Certificate in Online Teaching & Learning, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Certificate for Teachers of Business English (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- Certificate for Teachers of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), UK
- Certified Trainer in Six Thinking Hats programmes (de Bono, UK)
- Fellow, Chartered Institute of Management, UK
- Affiliate Member, Institute of Risk Management, UK
- Lifelong Member, Bahrain Society for Training & Development
Current areas of activity
- Supervising 2 graduate research projects
- Developing new programmes and innovative courseware within the Centre for Student Success in order to build student resilience, integration, retention and success
- Expansion of student support services through the Student Wellbeing Unit
- Ongoing research and publications on ‘Bridging the Gap’: transitions in transnational higher education.
- Supervising students for summer school research projects.