Dr. Michael KeoghLecturer in Human Biology and Research Laboratory Manager
Area of Expertise
- Research on Adipose stem cells, biomaterials, angiogenic loaded scaffolds, diabetes, aging, neuropathy and neuronal protection in tissue engineered constructs.
- Research on SODIS solar disinfection of water for impoverished communities; microbiology, community implementation strategies.
- Teaching Human biology lecturer to undergraduate medical and nursing students.
- Manager of the research laboratory.
- PhD Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine, RCSI, Ireland (2010)
- MSc. Occupational Health, NUIG, Ireland (2003)
- BSc. Biotechnology NUIM, Ireland (2002)
- Lecturer in Human Biology, RCSI (2012-2016)
- Personal grants, value of 500,000 Euros nationally and internationally.
- Published 5 papers in peer reviewed journals.
Current areas of activity
- Principal Investigator Regenerative Medicine laboratory Bahrain: undergraduate and PhD Scholarships.
- Active member of TERG (Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine Group) RCSI
- Principal Investigator SODIS microbiology research Bahrain and Eastern Sudan.
- Teaching for School of Medicine & School of Nursing & Midwifery covering all aspects of human biology.
- AMBER (Advanced Materials & BioEngineering Research)
- 3U Partnership
- European Commission SFERA (Solar Facilities for the European Research Area), Spain
- University of Limerick, Ireland
- University of Medicine, Science and Technology, Sudan
- Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain
- Al-Jawahara Centre, Bahrain.