Dr. Andy MaLecturer in Medical Physics
Previously Lecturer and Coordinator in Languages & Culture Unit (5 Years), RCSI Bahrain
Area of Expertise
Physics of Medical Imaging and Radiotherapy; Radiation Protection; Radiation Physics; Monte Carlo Simulations; Computer Modelling; Anthropomorphic Phantoms.
- PhD Physics, University of Surrey, UK, 2006; MSc Medical Physics, University of Surrey,
- UK, 2001; BMath, University of Waterloo, Canada 1985.
- Associate Professor, Department of Radiological Sciences, University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia 2009-2015.
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital, UK, 2007-2009.
Current areas of activity
- Teaching medical physics in Foundation Year.
- Member of the Students Affair Committee.
- Using zirconium-89 in positron emission tomography imaging: production of the radioisotope using a medical cyclotron, radiation protection in clinical setting and image reconstruction.
- Development of a deformable anthropomorphic phantoms for radiation protection calculations.;
- Development of an interactive simulation system for radiological science.