Professor Stephen AtkinHead of School Postgraduate Studies and Research, RCSI-Bahrain
Office: +973 16660081
Area of expertise
Specialty: Diabetes and Endocrinology
Research interests: Insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome, type 2 diabetes, translational clinical research.
- B.Sc. 2(i) Biochemistry (Hons), Newcastle University, UK, June 1979
- M.B.B.S. (Hons), Newcastle University, UK, June 1984
- M.R.C.P.(UK)June 1987
- F.R.C.P. (UK) June 1999
- Ph.D. Liverpool University, UK, 1993
- Personal grants last 5 years, value of 4.3 million USD. Published over 300 papers in peer reviewed journals.
Current areas of activity
- Facilitation of new postgraduate taught and research post graduate programmes.
- Facilitation of novel basic, translational and clinical research
- Further development of research infrastructure and research framework