Dr Husain NasaifSenior Lecturer in Nursing
Director of Bridging Nursing Programme
Area of Expertise
Research methods, medical-surgical nursing, nursing theory, health assessment, testing and evaluation in nursing, men’s health.
- Certificate in Epidemiological and RCTs, Harvard School of Medicine, Boston, USA, June 2015 to June 2016
- Doctor of Nursing Practice, Case Western Reserve University, USA-Ohio 2010
- MSc Advanced Practice Nursing, Case Western Reserve University, USA, Ohio 2006
- Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner, Ohio Board of Nursing, USA 2006
- Lecturer, College of Health Sciences, University of Bahrain 2002-2008
- BSc Nursing, College of Health Sciences, 1998-2000
- Leadership for Change (Diploma), World Health Organization/ International Council for Nursing, 2007-2009
- Certified Adult Nurse Practitioner: State of Ohio, USA
- Registered Nurse, Ohio Board of Nursing, USA
- Registered Nurse, Georgia Board of Nursing, USA
Membership in professional organization
- Member of Sigma Theta Tau. Phi Chapter, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
- Active member of American Academy of Nurse Practitioner, 2006
Current areas of activity
Ongoing research project
Primary investigator for the following research projects:
- Development of Self-efficacy tool: Establishing content validity and reliability (2017).
- Prevalence of Self-reported Musculoskeletal Symptoms among Nurses Working in Bahrain: A Multi-canter Cross-Sectional Study (2018).
- Undergraduate Nursing Students’ Self Efficacy of Performing Physical Examination (2019.)
- Nasaif, H., & Al-Qallaf, S. (2018). Knowledge of Colorectal Cancer Symptoms and Risk Factors in the Kingdom of Bahrain: a Cross- Sectional Study, Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention, Vol. 19, No. 8, pp.2299-2304.
- Yaqoob, M., Nasaif, H., & Kadhom, H. (2018). Undergraduate final year nursing students’ attitudes toward caring for dying patients: Bahrain’s experience, Clinical Nursing Studies, Vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 53-58.
- Yaqoob, S. & Nasaif, H. (2015) Nurses’ knowledge and attitudes toward pain assessment and management for adult sickle cell disease patients during sickling crisis, Clinical Nursing Studies, Vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 36-43.
- Nasaif, H. (2012) “Knowledge and attitudes of primary care physicians toward the nurse practitioner role in the Kingdom of Bahrain”, Journal of American Academy of Nurse Practitioner, Vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 124-31.