Dr G Roshan DeenLecturer in Medicinal and Pharmaceutical Chemistry
School of Medicine RCSI-Bahrain
Office: +973 1666 0149 Ext. 0149
Area of Expertise
Stimuli-responsive polymers and hydrogels; Scattering techniques for advanced materials characterization; Nanomaterials and catalysis; Polymerizable and non-polymerizable surfactants; Colloids.
- 2001 PhD Polymer science, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 1997 MSc Materials science, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 1993 MSc Applied Chemistry, Anna University, India.
- 1991 BSc Chemistry, University of Madras, India.
Awards and Honor:
- 2018, Outstanding mentor award from Ministry of Education, Singapore.
- 2018, Dedicated partner award from National Junior College, Singapore.
- 2017, Distinguished partner award from Anderson Junior College, Singapore.
- 2007–2008, Danish medical and health science research council fellowship, Denmark.
- 2005 – 2007, Danish natural science research council fellowship, Denmark.
- 1994 – 1996, Research scholarship from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 1997 – 2000, Research scholarship from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- 1988, Jawaharlal Nehru science talent award for outstanding science student, (India).
Current areas of activity
- Development of stimuli-responsive polymers, hydrogels, microgels, cryogels, interpenetrating networks, and hybrids.
- Formulation of microemulsions for drug formulations, nanostructured polymers, ultrafine inorganic particles, and nanogels.
- Development of polymerizable and non-polymerizable surfactants and evaluation.
- Supervision of summer school research projects at RCSI-Bahrain.