Dr Edwina BrennanMCP science lecturer
Area of Expertise
Biotechnology, molecular biology, microbiology, environmental sciences.
- Ph.D., Institute of Technology Carlow 2010; B.Sc. Hons. Industrial Biology with Bioinformatics, Institute of Technology Carlow 2005
- Medical commencement programme science lecturer and module coordinator 2011-present
- Part-time lecturer in biology RCSI Bahrain 2009
- Tutor in chemistry and physics Institute of Technology Carlow 2006-2009
- Part-time lecturer in analytical techniques Institute of Technology Carlow 2007-2008
- External grant from SBI pharma
- Published in peer reviewed journal
Current areas of activity
- Supervisor of summer research students in areas of medical microbiology, molecular biology, protein purification, medical education
- 5-ALA: in vitro effects as a photosensitising agent for antimicrobial photodynamic inactivation of opportunistic fungi.
- Describing Thoughts Can Tell us Lots: An Investigation into How English Language Learners Solve Problems in Science.