Prof. Ghufran Ahmed JassimAssociate Professor in Family Medicine
Area of Expertise
Evidence Based Medicine, Research Methodology, Medical Education, breast cancer, cervical cancer, women’s health, menopause and Family Medicine. Academic coordinator for career development.
- PhD General Practice, RCSI 2014; MSc. Health Policy and population studies Arabian Gulf University 2008; Arab Board for Medical Specialization in Family Medicine 2006, Irish Board Certification in Family Medicine 2006, MD Arabian Gulf University 2000, MBBS Arabian Gulf University 1998. Certificate in Clinical Research, Harvard University 2015, Diploma in health profession education, RCSI Dublin.
- Associate Professor/Consultant Family Physician, Department of Family Medicine, RCSI Bahrain.
- Published over 30 papers in peer reviewed journals
Current areas of activity
- Coordinator, Evidence based health module
- Coordinator, Student selective component
- Coordinator, Family Medicine Clerkship
- Academic coordinator for career development
- Co-Supervisor of PhD and Master in RCSI Bahrain.
- Active with undergraduate student summer school Projects
- Member of many committees at RCSI Bahrain and joint committees with RCSI Dublin
- Collaboration with AGU on medical research
- Admission interviews, examination of students
- Run a well women clinic at KHUH