Dr Ebrahim RajabLecturer in Human Biology
School of Medicine
Area of Expertise
Motor learning, neural and muscle plasticity. Animals models of diabetes. Exercise rehabilitation.
- PhD Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham, 1999; MSc Physiotherapy, University of Ulster, 2005; BSc(Hons) Physiology and Sports Science, University of Glasgow, 1993; MCSP 2005. Licensed physiotherapist in the UK and Bahrain.
- Assistant Professor and Chairperson of Physiotherapy Department, College of Medical & Health Sciences, Ahlia University, Bahrain, 2009-2015
- In vivo pharmacologist, Discovery Biology, Pfizer Global R&D, 1999-2003.
Current areas of activity
- Lecturer in Foundation Year.
- Recent publications on changes in motor learning and memory in rat models of experimentally-induced seizures and of short-term dietary restriction.
- Current research projects in collaboration with Arabian Gulf University: (1) neuroprotective effects of EPO in the ageing brain of diabetic mice; (2) neuroprotective effects of gum Arabic in the ageing brain of diabetic rats; (3) neuroprotective effects of exercise in the ageing brain of diabetic rats.
- Member of RCSI Bahrain Ethics Committee.