Dr. Eman TawashLecturer of Nursing
Director of BSc Nursing (Hons.) Programme, School of Nursing & Midwifery
Area of Expertise
Nursing education, health professions education, undergraduate curriculum development, communication and listening skills.
- PhD in Nursing Education from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) Dublin.
- Master in Health Professions Education from the Arabian Gulf University.
- PG Dip. in Health Care Management from RCSI Bahrain.
- BSc. Nursing from the College of Health Sciences.
Current areas of activity
- Lecturing on BSc Nursing (Hons) programme and MSc in Nursing.
- Committee membership: School of Nursing and Midwifery Academic Committee; BSc (Hons) Academic Committee (Chair); Curriculum Review Committee (Chair); Clinical Teaching and Learning Committee, BSc (Hons.) Nursing Board of Advisors (Chair), Positive Promotion of Nursing Committee, Examinations Review Panel, School Internal Review Steering Committee, Academic Board Committee.
- Supervising Masters and Doctoral students.
- Reviewer for Nurse Education Today; Nursing Open; Journal of Primary Health Care and Journal of the Bahrain Medical Society.
Research interest includes nursing and health professions education and clinical nursing. Previous research included perceptions of nursing students about nursing, factors affecting the choice of high school students of a career in nursing, nursing recruitment, self-directed learning of students undergoing a case-based curriculum, early detection of breast cancer through breast self-examination and differences of cultural beliefs about breast feeding. As part of my PhD I produced a video on Nursing Career in Bahrain that aims to improve the awareness of the community in general and the high school students in particular about the nursing profession. Currently working on a research studying the impact of a nurse ambassador programme on raising the community awareness about nursing.
- Holden C., Anand E., Maddison W., Tawash E., Hughes J. (2017) Epistemological and Ontological Challenges of Transnational Foundation Year Medical Students. International Journal of Learning and Development, 7(4): 13-29. https://doi.org/10.5296/ijld.v7i4.11863
- Tawash, E. & Cowman, S. (2015) Bahraini Nursing Students' attitudes; from student to nurse: A longitudinal research study. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 5(12), p. 79-87. http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v5n12p79
- Tawash, E., Cowman, S. & Annunciation, E. (2012) A Triangulation study: Bahraini nursing students' perceptions of nursing as a career. Journal of Nursing Education and Practice. 2(3), p. 81-92. http://dx.doi.org/10.5430/jnep.v2n3p81