Ms Sumaya FarajLecturer in Nursing, RCSI-Bahrain
Office: +973 16660190
Area of expertise
Medical-Surgical nursing, critical care nursing, cardiac care nursing & Clinical Teaching.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health Education - Royal College of Surgeon Ireland 2016
- Master in Nursing Science- Glasgow Caledonian University Glasgow – Scotland 2008
- Bachelor in Nursing Science(B.Sc.)- College of Health Sciences – University of Bahrain 2001
- Associate Degree in General Nursing (AD)- College of Health Sciences 1996
- Nursing lecturer-College of Health Sciences – University of Bahrain 2001-2011
- Registered Nurse in critical care Unit- Salmanya Medical Complex 1997-2000
Current areas of activity
- Nursing Lecturer, Level Director of nursing year 4, Royal College of Surgeon Ireland, Bahrain.
- Coordinating and teaching in Clinical supervision workshop.
- Admission interview.
- Teaching in critical Care modules and medical surgical nursing module.
- Collaboration with Americal Mission Hospital (Hypertension Awareness campaign).
- O’Nail, C, Yaqoob, M. & Faraj S. “Nurses’ care Practices at the End of Life in Intensive Care units in Bahrain- Grounded Theory Approach”. Nursing Ethics, Vol 24, Issue 8, 2017
- Faraj, S “Exploration of female Bahraini's nurses' perception towards sexual counseling for post Myocardial Infarction Patients” Published Conference Proceeding -5th DHA Nursing and Midwifery Conference -Dubai- UAE